Making the earth laugh

"the earth laughs in flowers" -e.e.cummings This blog is a journey into that laughter. From my childhood when my job was weeding the dreaded vegetable garden (which I despised with every fiber of my being) to my very early adulthood when I planted my first impatiens (which promptly died) to now - a gardening lover and business owner; gardens have made me feel something. This is my tribute to the hard work, the boring work, the failures and the immeasurable joys of gardening. Yes, I continue to garden...and laugh.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

service project

New projects and a new challenge, I love them.  And I got both in spades this spring.

A little church in a town nearby was in desperate need of a makeover.  The building inside is a gem: gorgeous stained glass windows, rich wood work, fabulous details.  The exterior, however, isn't.  It is suffering in a way many homes suffer: the disease of 'same old same old'.  People often come up with a solution that works for awhile, but every garden needs to be rethought now and then.  Overgrown shrubs, weedy grass, tired plants are a few of the most common offenders.  And they offend, let me tell you!  Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pull things out.  There is nothing sacred about plants. 

The challenges here are a very small space and an even smaller budget.  But it can be done.  I will post from time to time so you can see what you can do with a bit of imagination a lot of hard work and a little cash.  This should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment