Making the earth laugh

"the earth laughs in flowers" -e.e.cummings This blog is a journey into that laughter. From my childhood when my job was weeding the dreaded vegetable garden (which I despised with every fiber of my being) to my very early adulthood when I planted my first impatiens (which promptly died) to now - a gardening lover and business owner; gardens have made me feel something. This is my tribute to the hard work, the boring work, the failures and the immeasurable joys of gardening. Yes, I continue to garden...and laugh.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

pots and things

I know I tend to gush about how I love this and that in the garden, but I must confess my true love:

Container Gardening
                                                                                                 Sigh... 
Instant beauty anywhere.  You don't need a garden bed, weeding is nominal and its portable.  You can use your imagination and make just about anything a pot to plant in.  Isn't is wonderful???

Over the next few blogs, I'm going to show you some of my favorite containers.  I hope you enjoy!






 Simple, adorable and easy, easy to do.  I found the vintage suitcase and picnic basket at a local antique mall, Old Engine Works, located in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania.  I stacked them on an old cane chair I found at a garage sale and popped in a plastic pot of double impatiens.














This cute little terra-cotta pot was just the right amount of color 
and charm for this side table.






A cheap plastic pot looks gorgeous filled with purple millet and covered with Spanish moss.  The color of the millet was the  perfect compliment to the trim color on the barn.



My favorite window box ever!  It gives an absolutely gorgeous splash of color against barn siding and white trim.  Easy to take care of and lovely to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment