Making the earth laugh

"the earth laughs in flowers" -e.e.cummings This blog is a journey into that laughter. From my childhood when my job was weeding the dreaded vegetable garden (which I despised with every fiber of my being) to my very early adulthood when I planted my first impatiens (which promptly died) to now - a gardening lover and business owner; gardens have made me feel something. This is my tribute to the hard work, the boring work, the failures and the immeasurable joys of gardening. Yes, I continue to garden...and laugh.

Friday, April 9, 2010

beauty is in the eye of the beholder


This wall has been on my mind for a few years now.  When I was first hired by this client, I dreamed about the possibilities, but it took awhile for them to decide to jump in and let me play a bit.  Little by little, I've picked at it and hammered on it and planted a garden in front of it trying to give it some character.  But still, it bugged me because it was so ugly.  Under all the paint, plaster and concrete was a beautiful old stone wall; I just knew it!  Today was a great day for me!  I got to go crazy and have it worked on by Mike and Jose.  Monday will be the final day of work, but we got a great start today.  I am so excited!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I love your blog--your work is beautiful!!
    Susan R.

    ReplyDelete