Making the earth laugh

"the earth laughs in flowers" -e.e.cummings This blog is a journey into that laughter. From my childhood when my job was weeding the dreaded vegetable garden (which I despised with every fiber of my being) to my very early adulthood when I planted my first impatiens (which promptly died) to now - a gardening lover and business owner; gardens have made me feel something. This is my tribute to the hard work, the boring work, the failures and the immeasurable joys of gardening. Yes, I continue to garden...and laugh.

Friday, April 9, 2010

last word on lavender


Ok. I forgot to mention it in my post about lavender, but there is some soil prep that can be done to boost your blooms. Go to your local garden center and buy some lime (I prefer pulverized - less complicated to work with), sprinkle it around the base of your plants, work it into the soil and water (or do it on a rainy day). It sweetens the soil and they love it!

Also, if you live in the Northeast I HIGHLY recommend a trip to The Well-Sweep Herb Farm located in Port Murray, New Jersey. If there is anything to know about lavender or herbs, they know it. Their selection of plants is amazing and its just a lovely property with swings for your kids, a functioning outhouse, chickens, and a cute gift shop. I love it there!

I tried adding a link to the Well Sweep, but it's not working, so I will do it manually: www.wellsweep.com

Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment