Making the earth laugh

"the earth laughs in flowers" -e.e.cummings This blog is a journey into that laughter. From my childhood when my job was weeding the dreaded vegetable garden (which I despised with every fiber of my being) to my very early adulthood when I planted my first impatiens (which promptly died) to now - a gardening lover and business owner; gardens have made me feel something. This is my tribute to the hard work, the boring work, the failures and the immeasurable joys of gardening. Yes, I continue to garden...and laugh.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

lilac time

One of my very favorite things to do at the end of the working day in the gardens is to cut whatever is ready and make a bouquet for my clients.  For them, after a long day at their jobs, it's nice to come home to a treat like that.  Plus I just love to do it!

Here, I used lilac and dogwood. But each week it's something different.  Spring blooms don't last long, so I make the best use of them by bringing them in and putting them all over my house.  As I type this, I can smell the white lilac (which reminds me of my mother) and crimson azalea in the mason jar on the table beside me.  (And that is a very good thing because it is so windy and cold outside, I am doing my work from inside the house today!  Even my poor puppy is on his own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment